In order to use these modules, a web application that serves as a URL Redirect engine needs to be created.
The 'Redirect' web application should be hosted on a web server accessible to all SharePoint users (with IIS 7.0 and up).
In order to create the 'Redirect' web application, perform the following steps:
- Copy the [CardioLog Installation Folder]\Redirect folder to a web server accessible to all SharePoint users (with IIS 7.0 and up).
- Create a new website in IIS named "Redirect".
- Set the Physical Path to the copied Redirect folder.
- Set the Redirect website application pool to run with the identity of the CardioLog service account, and set it to "Integrated" mode.
- Create a new DNS entry for your desired shorten link domain (e.g. http://intlock/) and make sure it is accessible from all workstations.
- Set the Redirect website Bindings in IIS to the shorten link domain.
- Open the [CardioLog Installation Folder]\CardioLog\web.config file on the CardioLog application server and edit the following key (include the final backslash):
<add key="FriendlyUrlPrefix" value="http[s]://[shorten link domain]/" />
- In CardioLog Analytics/SharePoint Marketing Suite, go to Acquisition in the Navigation pane and choose Shorten Links to create a new short link. Alternatively, go to Acquisition in the navigation pane and choose Campaigns to create a new campaign with a tracking link.
- Verify that the domain for the generated short link is correct.
- Click the link to verify the redirection.